About Me

Torquay, Victoria, Australia
To start with I'm so bored that I'm being a try-hard(?) nerd and doing an 'about me'. I'm 20 and it's hideously old. I'm studying to be an architect or construction manager and struggling lol. I live in Torquay. It's good and bad. I live with my parents cos I'm unemployed and lazy. And that's about me...

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Box Gutter Detail

The Box Gutter is used in this occasion, and could be installed as following.

Important aspects include:

The cleats, which are usually 8-10mm thick, and used to attach girts or purlins to the main structure. These are fillet welded to the main frame.

The Gutterboard, which is used to allow walking in the gutter for maintenance. Mesh can also be placed over the gutter to minimise the need for clearing and prevent blocking.

The Lysaght Custom Orb Cladding is attached to the wall frame with girts.

Flashings are important as water is the most problematic aspect in buildings. All roofing materials should overlap and drain into appropriate areas.


No comments: